SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Firefox addon to switch IPv4/IPv6 per website?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 14:50:26
Hi all, Unfortunately, there are some websites that do have a AAAA-record but still won't load when using IPv6. Of course this is a mistake of the webmaster and I often try to contact them if I find such a site, but it would be very nice if you could force IPv4 anyway for a specific site. Does anyone know if such an addon exists for Firefox?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 16:36:17
The firefox-internal networking code does not expose such a setting. The 'easiest' that one can achieve is to 'null-route' the IP address of the destination website, that way your browser will quicker fall back to IPv4.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 19 January 2014 20:24:36
Jeroen Massar wrote:
The firefox-internal networking code does not expose such a setting. The 'easiest' that one can achieve is to 'null-route' the IP address of the destination website, that way your browser will quicker fall back to IPv4.
How does one do that? Is it just a static route in my router/firewall?
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 21 January 2014 18:33:43
Lars Veldscholte wrote:
Hi all, Unfortunately, there are some websites that do have a AAAA-record but still won't load when using IPv6. Of course this is a mistake of the webmaster and I often try to contact them if I find such a site, but it would be very nice if you could force IPv4 anyway for a specific site. Does anyone know if such an addon exists for Firefox?
if you use a linux based device, the command
ip -6 r a unreachable 2001:db8::/64
would define the prefix 2001:db8::/64 as unreachable. The effect is that the application fails to connect to 2001:db8::/64 near immediatly and falls back to ipv4 very fast. You can type this on the router, but it also works on the pc. Of corse only typing does not save the setting across reboots
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 31 January 2014 01:34:55
Lars Veldscholte wrote:
Type, about:config in your address line. Add the domains you want to use ipv4 with in network.dns.ipv4OnlyDomains
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 18:23:23
Tim Johnson wrote:
Lars Veldscholte wrote:
Type, about:config in your address line. Add the domains you want to use ipv4 with in network.dns.ipv4OnlyDomains
Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker