SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

MacOS X and Installing AICCU?
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 04 January 2008 18:15:57
Hi, I am currently using Miredo for accessing IPv6 networks from my Mac. I was recently told about AICCU, so I am in the process of exploring the tool. Being a newbie I will admit I am a little lost. From what I can tell the installation process is: - Sign-up for a SixXS account - Install tuntap - Download and extract archive - run: make - run: sudo make install the previous explicitly installs into /usr/local/sbin Beyond that I am lost as to what the next steps are, since sudo aiccu start Gives no feedback. Any help would be appreciated. Andre PS Would anyone mind if I created a page in the Wiki for this?
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 04 January 2008 22:04:47
I decided to prepare a draft version of the docs here, based on what I could make out: http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Aiccu/Installation If you have improvements or corrections then please update it. Hopefully this will help other newbies.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 04 January 2008 22:56:54
Something is not working. I installed tuntap on MacOS X 10.4.11 (Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.0) and aiccu. I then took the default aiccu.conf, placed it in /etc, added my user and password to it and then tried starting aiccu, with: aiccu start but I am having issues. I have changed the /etc/aiccu.conf file to have the following values: username AME4-SIXXS password ******** protocol tic server tic.sixxs.net ipv6_interface sixxs verbose true daemonize false automatic true requiretls false makebeats true behindnat true I then tried starting it again with the daemomize false and verbose true: sock_getline() : "200 SixXS TIC Service on noc.sixxs.net ready (http://www.sixxs.net)" sock_printf() : "client TIC/draft-00 AICCU/2007.01.15-console-darwin Darwin/8.11.0" sock_getline() : "200 Client Identity accepted" sock_printf() : "get unixtime" sock_getline() : "200 1199482797" sock_printf() : "username AME4-SIXXS" sock_getline() : "200 Choose your authentication challenge please" sock_printf() : "challenge md5" sock_getline() : "200 *********" sock_printf() : "authenticate md5 *********" sock_getline() : "200 Succesfully logged in using md5 as AME4-SIXXS (Andre-John Mas) from 70.53.136.176" sock_printf() : "tunnel list" sock_getline() : "201 Listing tunnels" sock_getline() : "202 <tunnel_id> <ipv6_endpoint> <ipv4_endpoint> <pop_name>" No tunnel available, request one first sock_printf() : "QUIT I didn't have any tunnels to select" Couldn't retrieve first tunnel for the above reason, aborting the tunnels command doesn't return anything: aiccu tunnels the brokers commands returns: AARNet|tsp://broker.aarnet.net.au|http://broker.aarnet.net.au|au| ACADEMIA Sinica Computing Centre|tsp://tb2.ipv6.ascc.net|http://tb2.ipv6.ascc.net|tw| SixXS|tic://tic.sixxs.net|http://www.sixxs.net|be de ee fi gb ie it nl nz pl pt si se us| I am behind a Belkin ADSL router, using NAT. Any ideas?
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 05 January 2008 12:15:20
Hmm, but have you requested a tunnel? When you go to: https://noc.sixxs.net/home/ do you have a section with your tunnels listed :) ? In the left column there should be a "Request Tunnel" link where you can do this.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 05 January 2008 19:21:02
I hadn't realised I need one, so I have now put in a request. I have amended the wiki entry to explain this. Could you tell me if there are any differences in the installation procedures for Linux and *BSD, so that I can add the necessary instructions?
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 10 January 2008 18:58:03
I created a StartupItem for AICCU which works fine on Leopard (should work on Tiger as well). If you think it may be useful i'll be glad to share it, just give me an hint about how to do so :D The StartupItem assumes /usr/local/sbin/ is the path where aiccu is installed and /usr/local/etc where aiccu.conf is located.
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 10 January 2008 19:01:19
Shouldn't reply to myself, but the StartupItem should be somewhat better than the LaunchAgent because it depends on tun and ethertap, which guarantees them to be started in the right order.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 16 April 2008 23:57:56
Aiccu would have to be modified to play nicely with launchd, given its dependency on tun/tap. I have also tried working out what it would take to make tun/tap launchd friendly, but I am having trouble finding any information on that one.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 15 November 2008 15:29:12
Since I can't code in C++, I've decided to have a workaround. I made a shell script (which I call from launchd) to test for /dev/tun0 and only start aiccu if it's there:
#!/bin/sh MYTUN="/dev/tun0" FORWARD=1 while [ ! -e $MYTUN ] ; do echo "/dev/tun0 not found, sleep for a bit and try again." sleep 5 done echo "/dev/tun0 found, running aiccu..." aiccu start /etc/aiccu.conf if [ $FORWARD != 0 ] ; then echo "Setting up subnet forwarding" sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1 sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.redirect=1 rtadvd -s en0 fi
This includes setting up a subnet and forwarding as described on this wiki page. /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.sixxs.aiccu.plist looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>Label</key> <string>net.sixxs.aiccu</string> <key>ProgramArguments</key> <array> <string>/usr/sbin/aiccu-starter.sh</string> </array> <key>RunAtLoad</key> <true/> </dict> </plist>
I suppose another route would be including the loading of the tun/tap kexts in the same script, but I haven't tried. Hope this helps anyone.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 14 March 2008 23:51:51
Yes, would be glad if you posted the StartupItem as I also ran into the dependency problem with tuntap drivers. So I would save the work to create my own one :)
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 16 April 2008 04:17:25
For those who may have the permissions issue installing the tun/tap driver under Tiger along with the tun0 write issue with aiccu, the following changes corrected my problems: As superuser: 1. Remove all traces of previous tun/tap install. 2. Reinstall & build manually from the source. (Permissions on kext's seem to get set incorrectly, at least for me) 3. I had to correct the kext permissions as follows: cd /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel tun.kext sudo chmod -R go-w tun.kext sudo chown -R root:wheel tap.kext sudo chmod -R go-w tap.kext This fixed all for me. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences and fixes here.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 29 December 2008 18:36:41
I have had some problems too with connecting with Leopard 10.5.6, but I solved it by installing the leopard-legacy tun/tap driver and not the default, which can be found here after that I did sudo aiccu autotest and all went fine grtz J.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker