SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

logs, interfaces, routing table ok, but no connectivity
[cz] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 19 March 2007 14:58:51
Hi, I'm trying to use aiccu at my wl500gx router with firmware from oleg.wl500g.info and everything seems to be ok, but I can't ping PoP or any internet server. All details can be found here: http://www.volny.cz/calavera/soubory/ruzne/aiccu-wl500 Note that vlan1 interface means routers WAN port and packets were captured via tcpdump when I tried ping my PoP from another console (those udp packets destination address is ipv4 address of my PoP). In front of wl500 router there is Zyxel ADSL router, which I though was the problem, but when I connected my debian etch notebook directly to Zyxel router and tryed aiccu, everything was ok. Is there anyone using oleg's firmware with aiccu? Is there anyone who can help?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 19 March 2007 15:30:27
Try removing the iptables entries as they might be blocking things, check with -n, or link in those logging rules you have. Do note that there is a IPv6 iptables LOG exploit for all kernels < 2.6.20.3 or something like that. Then again, you are not receiving any traffic at all according to tcpdump. Is your NAT box maybe firewalling packets out? Lastly, who compiled the version of AICCU that you are running and with which options and which patches?
[cz] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 19 March 2007 16:08:20
I used iptables -F to flush all entries, but the result is same (http://www.volny.cz/calavera/soubory/ruzne/no-iptables). My router is working great with ipv4 - I'm connected through it. Version of aiccu is another question. The package I use is from here: http://downloads.openwrt.org/backports/0.9/ but I can't be more specific about compile options and patches. Although it's for OpenWRT, it is reported to work with oleg's firmware and I think that if there is a problem in aiccu, it would be writen in aiccu log - but it's absolutely ok. Do you have any other ideas? And I forgot to mention that I ran aiccu in test mode and I got to the point, where PoP's ipv6 is pinged. Everything before it was ok.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 19 March 2007 16:50:18
Unfortunately error reporting is not everything in AICCU and there are a couple of cases which can easily fall through. Also there is no checkup if everything is setup correctly and stays setup correctly. This is something which is still on the todo. What portion of AICCU is reported (and by whom and where? to work, heartbeat tunnels are much less error-prone, except for NAT's and firewalls, than ayiya tunnels, which depend on the tun/tap device and proper configuration of it. If there is something which goes wrong in the tun/tap setup it breaks silently.
[cz] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 21 March 2007 15:36:31
Well, generaly I will have to ivestigate a lot, since I'm not familiar with build enviroment for my wl500gx router. But I don't have enough time now so it will take longer period to make more detailed report.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 29 March 2007 20:31:26
I've got an WL500-gP with OpenWRT and I'm seeing the same problems. Further more, I can receive packets, if I ping from another box I see the echo requests come in and echo replies go out, but the echo replies are never received. When I do a tcpdump on the IPv4 interface I see traffic going to the tunnel server. Because the traffic of the tunnel is encrypted, I can't really verify whether the contents of the packets that are sent to the tunnel server are correct. This is with an AYIYA tunnel. I just tried my old heartbeat tunnel and that worked fine (the heartbeat tunnel uses pop ams04 and the ayiya tunnel ams01 however) . So my guess is that the problem is somewhere in the AYIYA code. Note that OpenWRT still uses linux 2.4 (2.4.30 to be exact). I also didn't have any problem with AICCU version 2005.01.31-1 on OpenWRT, but that doesn't work anymore since the beta port stopped being supported. Together with upgrading aiccu I also upgraded OpenWRT because the newer aiccu package didn't work on my old OpenWRT version, so it's also possible that the problem is in OpenWRT instead of AICCU. I think I've now given all information I have...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker