CISCO conf

Chris P. Ross cross@eng.us.uu.net
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:28:55 -0500 (EST)

"Igor V. Alekseev" <aiv@yars.free.net> said:
> Hello,

> I have a question conserning configuration of a cisco router (Experimental
> Version 11.3).

> Is there a way to turn off router advertising on LAN interface
> completely? That is to prohibit even replying to RS packets received
> on the interface? 'ipv6 nd supress-ra' command turnes off periodic
> unsolicited RA messages, but the device still answeres RS received
> on the interface. I am using the same LAN for several IPv6
> submenets, so I need to disallow some RA's.

  I'm not sure right off if there's a way to turn it off completely,
but I do know that if you give the router addresses on all of the
subnets, it will put all of the addresses in the advertisement.  Or at
least, this is certainly true under the cisco IPv4 IRDP code.  That
might avoid the problem.

  I'd have to look into whether it could be shut off completely.  I
simply don't know...

                           - Chris

--
Chris P. Ross				UUNET Technologies, Inc.
cross@eng.us.uu.net			R & D / Engineering