SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

M0n0wall now supports IPv6
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 14 July 2008 23:34:41
The latest m0n0wall beta (1.3b13) now supports IPv6 with configured tunnels It is Easier(tm) to configure than IPv4 (due to less options that are not needed) No automatic rules like for v4 yet, but they are easy-peasy to do Get your copy at m0n0wall
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 12 April 2009 13:22:54
And with yesterdays new beta, a whole bunch of new ipv6 features was added. Some of these: * DHCPv6 * IPv6 support for the captive portal miniwebserver * IPv6 DNS-servers are now allowed in the System:General page. Awesomeness \o/
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 24 July 2008 01:17:17
Unfortunately it does not support heartbeat based tunnels yet or did i miss something? Supporting heartbeat based tunnels (clients with dynamic IPV4 addresses) would be really great. Does anyone has some infos about this and maybe future plans? However i am going to ask for it in monowall forums as well. Kitagua
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 24 July 2008 09:43:06
Just open the right ip/port combo's and all should be fine.
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 10 October 2008 12:42:52
Manuel Kasper added the support for AICCU some time ago in the monowall repository head. I've build up a new monowall image (embedded) from an existing beta14 by adding the changed/new scripts from the repository and adding the aiccu binary from the freebsd ports. I'm currently testing my image, as for now it seems to work just fine. With AICCU you only have to provide the SixXS Username, Password and the TunnelID to monowall and the tunnel gets fully self configured. I think the next 1.3beta version will include AICCU.
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 03 December 2008 10:30:53
Well, something surely isn't working with the m0n0wall part, seeing as I can't even get pings off to ::1
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 03 December 2008 10:42:17
Strike that, but whether it works or not seems very random :) However, not a problem for sixxs, more a problem for m0n0wall.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 16 December 2008 16:33:23
M0n0wall IPv6 has been working perfectly for me. I have a heartbeat account and followed these instructions: -You need to enable in Advanced "Enable IPv6 Support". -Under WAN, choose AICCU. Enter user id, password and Tunnel ID including "T". -You need to make a separate request to Sixxs.net for a subnet. -Under LAN check "static IPv6", enter the "Subnet IPv6", also called "Prefix" from Sixxs.net, /64 and check "send IPv6 router advertisements". Do not enter the "routed to" or "IPv6 Them" given to you by Sixxs.net. -Under IPv6 firewall rules make a rule to allow everything on the LAN. -Reboot m0n0wall and your computer. You should be able to access IPv6 sites!
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 11 January 2009 21:25:56
Ok, so I've done what Eric suggests. I have my SixXs information in the WAN interface, ipv6 enabled. I can't enable LAN as I don't have a subnet yet. I have the following firewall config: WAN: Allow all out, allow all ipv6 in LAN: Allow all anywhere IPv6 WAN: Allow all anywhere IPv6 LAN: Allow all anywhere The loopback adapter (lo0) has allow all in/out automatically and I do see it assigned as ::1 for inet6 I see the tunnel as "up", but I can't ping either the local or remote ipv6 address, I can't even ping ::1 Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? (yes, I'm using ping6, yes I have ivp6 enabled). Version 1.3b15 built on Sat Oct 11 18:48:04 CEST 2008 Thanks in advance.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 12 January 2009 06:52:34
I found the issue. You have to have a subnet assigned and/or active on LAN for it to actually bring the tunnel up and operational. All is golden on this end now. Have m0n0 as the tunnel host, and a few machines behind it with full ipv6 connectivity.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 21 February 2009 08:53:23
I had the same problem, after adding the static tunnel it was still down. As I do not have a subnet (yet) I set IPv6 mode to 6to4, enabled IPv6 RA and hey presto it came up. Now the week of waiting and watching loss and latency starts :)
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 21 February 2009 11:51:10
On the LAN side that is...
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 02 March 2009 20:19:25
I had the same problem, after adding the static tunnel it was still down. As I do not have a subnet (yet) I set IPv6 mode to 6to4, enabled IPv6 RA and hey presto it came up. Now the week of waiting and watching loss and latency starts :)
That tip really saved by ass.. Been trying for hours to figure out why my just-converted-from-Tunnelbroker 6in4 tunnel suddenly went down (after I cleaned up old LAN settings).. Must be a fault in m0n0wall.. It shouldn't disable all IPv6 just because we disable it on LAN.. :/ And we have to disable it on LAN since we (newcomers) dont have enough credits to get a subnet right away... /Kewin
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 11 March 2009 11:39:19
If you have m0n0wall set up correctly and are still unable to browse IPv6 sites, download the AICCU client and run it. You will be able to browse IPv6 sites. The advantage is that the IPv6 firewall rules are in effect in the m0n0wall setup.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 11 March 2009 11:53:02
This was necessary because a nearby PoP was down and connectivity was a problem. Under normal circumstances, this may not be necessary.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 July 2009 02:49:12
any word if this will ever be possible with PFSense?
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 05 December 2009 18:30:05
m0n0wall 1.3 is now out of beta

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker